Friday, September 2, 2011

Featured Artist: Laura

Laura
Featured Artist: Laura

Meet Laura, 

She has a love of crafting and scrapbooking, but her love story with creating began long ago.  She stated, " I have been crafting for many years but started scrapbooking when my daughter was born 7 years ago. I wanted to create something special and lasting with her pictures." And with that, her dream of handcrafted art boxes was born. 

     When asked how she came about making these great and unique pieces of art,  Laura said, "Trial and error! My first pages were awful but I kept them anyway, and as time went by, I got better. I looked at the magazines and the tools available at the stores to determine what I might like to try. Over time I have found what I like and usually stick with it."  We love her honesty as  we all have crafts that we would like to do over.

 Laura's favorite work is creating nursery art boxes.   "I like to make nursery art boxes because first, babies especially, are important to me. I went through a great deal of pain and emotional pain just to conceive and my daughter truly is a miracle. So many things could have gone wrong even with my pregnancy, but God kept us both safe. So, when I know of a mom who has struggled, I love to make her child something special for his or her room. It brings back the joy I had when my daughter was born, each time I make an art box for someone else."

We think Laura is the best around!  Check out all of her work in the featured section on our site.




No comments:

Post a Comment